Flying during the holidays? Read these travel planning tips before you book
Planning for an exotic beach vacation or dying to visit home this Christmas, or wanting to visit your old high school friends in this new year, whatever you want to plan and wherever you look forward to visiting, all depends on just two things, which are the holiday season and most effective travel planning tips. You can only manage a vacation when you have holidays from your college or from your work.
And the holiday season isn’t just a holiday season to you, but to so many people at the same time who are looking forward to the same thing that is enjoyment and some relaxation from the everyday routine of the stressful life.
Listed below are a few travel planning tips which are sure to help you fly to your holiday destination with so much ease and less of the drama holiday season flying is usually of:-
- While you are going to fly during the peak season, then be mentally prepared to acknowledge how a busy and crowded airport actually looks like. Always choose for the closest airport to your area of residence, just in case your flight has been delayed you can actually take your time being at home instead of being at the airport with strangers around and no comfort. Before you book a ticket, do Google check for the busiest travel days so that you can avoid long queues or last-minute cancellations.
- Do the much-needed research work and stop procrastinating as it will only reward you with unwanted last-minute stress, so research well about different airlines and visit their websites for sales and they also have amazing deals to offer, so sign up for newsletters.
- Carry one bag, as carrying extra luggage will cause you trouble at the security check, of getting your baggage checked-in. And carrying oversized bags means carrying extra weight, so why take that much of stress.
- Do the packing wisely, as packing unnecessary stuff will be an unnecessary headache for you, if you are supposed to pack a heavy coat or jacket, or boots, better wear them to the airport instead of carrying them in your luggage, the extra space can be utilized in keeping some other little stuff.
- Always carry an extra foldable duffle bag, so that you can bring the things you have shopped or been gifted in a more organized way while coming back.
- Other than bringing all electronic gadgets with you, learn to keep good books as your traveling buddy, as neither it will lose battery nor will it need power outlets, all it needs is your attention.
- Keep your phones and laptop fully charged up before you leave the place to take a flight, that will save you from running for power outlets in case of delays. Do not forget your headphones and always keep a travel pillow with yourself.
- Instead of taking gifts packed with wrappers, ship it with a cheap packaging company to your loved ones, as at the security check-in you might be asked to open up a few items and show for safety purposes, so save yourself from a last-minute gift wrapping session.
One can survive this, if you keep your mind cool and be positive, think of how beautiful it will be when you land up at your destination and how much fun you will have with your friends or family. But always be careful and try to make few friends at the airport, as they will count as one good memory.
My Name is Jessica, CEO of Dirbit.com and author of few travel expedition, who has dedicated her whole life to solo adventure travelling around the world. I am very fond of outdoor adventures in extreme sports, photography and travel. I am an enthusiastic campaigner of accumulating fantastic travel experiences. I have been traveling around the world since 2000 and designed Dirbit.com to share my travel experience, thereby helping them to spending money less and travel more.