We all know that we grow up thinking of what it would feel like, had we an opportunity to extensively travel the world! How does the world look atop the Eiffel tower? Or the empire state building? And if you’re a movie buff, then surely your bucket list has been influenced by the Romantic Travel Destination portrayed! Why not take a look at our list too?
- New York: New York! Concrete jungles where dreams are made of! This Romantic Travel Destination is synonymous with a host of even more iconic movies! Just imagine Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly and you have your answer! Breakfast at tiffany’s stole millions of hearts and made people from all over the world fall in love with the city! And what have you been doing all your life if you haven’t yet watched Annie Hall? La dida, la dida, la dida!
- Vienna: When David Linklater had originally conceived the idea of two people meeting on the eurail, falling in love and developing a deep bond, yet departing the very next day with simply a promise and nothing but a promise, little did he know, his film Before Sunrise would go on to become a cult classic! The beauty of the film lies in the fact it captures the Romantic Travel Destination Vienna in its entirety where the place becomes at one with the story merging and submerging with situations as Jessie (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy) discuss romantic love, nuance of existence following parameters and the beautiful lines: “I believe if there’s any kind of God it wouldn’t be in any of us, not you or me but just this little space in between. If there’s any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it’s almost impossible to succeed but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt.” After all we are all star dust. Watch this if you haven’t already! You’re missing out.
- Paris: Oh Paris, Paris, Paris! How I adore thee! Two films which stand out for me personally are Midnight in Paris, where Owen Wilson delightfully cries, “prufrock is my mantra” before getting into the carriage with none other than T.S.Eliot. This is Woody Allen at his best, doing what he does best- telling stories and capturing the soul of the city! And when you’re done, sit down and do watch Before Sunset, the follow upto Linkletter’s 1995 cult classic! The movie gradually and beautifully follows the two lovers’ chance meeting after nine years and they embark on a conversation encompassing all and sundry as Paris waits and watches in silence…
- Vicky,Christina, Barcelona: Another personal favourite from Woody Allen counting the brief spell of haywire chaos all set in Romantic Travel Destination Barcelona as Vicky and Christina decide to spend the summer there! Woody Allen masterfully does what he does best: portrays turmoil without being obtuse! And Spain shines on!
- La la land: Winning accolades and hearts, this simple love story showcases the effervescent L.A in all its glory as Mia and Sebastian delightfully dance away in the twilight. “city of stars, are you shining just for me….” the melody lives on!