Travelling is known to be an expensive affair but having the right credit cards can help in saving a lot of money. A number travel credit cards have emerged which offers great features along with perks like insurance coverage and companion flights. Here are some of the best travel credit cards which ought to be used in 2016.
Scotiabank Gold American Express
Soctiabank Gold American Express travel credit cards offers annual rewards of $429. Some of the features and benefits of using Scotiabank Gold American Express card includes:
- Comprehensive travel insurance: It offers one of kind travel emergency medical insurance for up to 25 days.
- Hotel Privileges: You will get up to 25% more off on the lowest offer at over 18,000 across the world. In simple words you will be able to save more on the hotel and accommodation on your travels.
- Car Privileges: You will get up to 25% off on the qualifying rentals with as many as 131 companies on global scale.
With these credit cards you will earn four points for each dollar spent on the gas, restaurants, groceries and restaurants. This card has an annual fee of just $99 while supplemental cards can be bought at just $29. If you like the Aeroplan then you will be able to convert the points to that program with this card.
WestJet RBC World Elite Master Card
WestJet RBC World Elite Master credit cards offer annual rewards worth $560. It has a number of features and benefits which includes:
- Buddy System: No one like to fly alone and WestJet credit cards will make sure you don’t get into that situation. Once a year you will get an opportunity to bring any friend with you to visit Canada or continental US at a price of just $99.
- Raking up Miles: You will earn 1.5% on each purchase in form of WestJet miles along with getting 2% back on the WestJet bookings.
- Boarding Pass: When you make the first purchase with these credit cards then you will get $250 WestJet dollars which is more than enough to fund a round trip from Calgary to Vancouver.
- Luggage insurance: Most of the travel credit cards come loaded with some type of insurance like flight delay coverage, travel medical but none of them offer luggage insurance. WestJet offers the much need luggage insurance with which you can travel with peace of mind.
Make most by spending just $500 a month
WestJet travel credit cards offer great value and returns to its users than the Scotiabank card. Users will be able to get annual rewards worth $281 by just spending $500 per month after fees. Usually if a user doesn’t charge a lot on its credit then he will wish to stay clear of the annual fee which isn’t possible. But with WestJet doesn’t want you to frantically go for spending in order to get the required points rather it offers some great perks and benefits like annual companion flights which starts at just $99.